cocoon-users mailing list archives

From tzi...@s-und-n.de
Subject Re: installing and configuring cocoon 2.2
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:10:31 GMT
hi bart,

try the "tools/cocoon-block-deployer/cocoon-deployer-plugin-demo" sample
(comes with Cocoon 2.2) . The pom.xml of that sample should include all
information needed for deploying a Cocoon Block to run in a Servlet
Container. Additionally you will have to configure your Application
(pom.xml) to use all Cocoon Blocks required by your application (see
dependency sample).

<dependencies>
        <dependency>
                <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
              <artifactId>cocoon-forms-impl</artifactId>
                <version>1.0.0-M2-SNAPSHOT</version>
      </dependency>
        <!--more dependencies here-->
</dependencies>

check the cocoon blocks (source) you wish to use and copy the dependency
information from the respective blocks pom.xml. it would be wise to build
cocoon 2.2 locally before trying to get your application to work. you can
of cource do it without actually building cocoon but then you'll have to
configure your applikation (pom.xml) to use at least one maven2 repository
which supplies cocoon 2.2 artifacts. the latter alternative of course
brings along the convenience of not having to build cocoon entirely or in
part whenever some cocoon source changes, but to retrieve changed cocoon
blocks via mavens dependency resolver.

also check http://maven.apache.org for more information on the use of
maven2.

Freundliche Grüße / With kind regards