cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christofer.Dutz@univativ.de" <christofer.d...@univativ.de>
Subject AW: Open pipeline in new window
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 07:07:36 GMT
Hi Gary,

Well I interpret your question in that way, that you would like to decide server-side, if
a popup is created or not (Since you mention the client-side way to do this). We had a similar
problem in one of our applications. We solved it this way:

1.       Add a hidden field to the base-page.

2.       Add a small JavaScript that checks, if the field contains a value, if it does it
opens a popup with the hidden fields content as url.

3.       Let the JavaScript be executed onLoad of the html page.

4.       In the server-side logic, you can now decide, if a popup is to be opened or not,
just by setting the value of the hidden field.

You could even make this work with several pop-ups just by making the fields content a little
more complex

Hope this helps,

    Chris