cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Problem with cocoon 2.1.8 and i18n transformer
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:35:01 GMT

> > I therefore have a problem, where the output of the above
> pipeline gives
> > me a different values, but the transformer still shows me the
> > incorrect values.
>
> Maybe just set cache-at-startup to false? :)

No, the problem is more subtle and is twofold for Sanket's case (I think)

1) the i18n returns a NOPValidity, so if the pipeline or file the i18n catalogues depend on
change, then already cached pipelines won;t invalidate

2) for cocoon-2.1.8 and lower, the i18n xmlresource bundle caches internal maps of translations.
These maps are flushed when one of the cache validities are no longer valid. If you are using
remote files, like from a remote repository and use eventcache, the cached maps of i18n will
never get flushed because an eventValidity is valid by defenition.

I really doubt this is fixed in 2.1.10. Perhaps number 1 is fixed (i will take a look later),
number 2 won't because it is inherent to eventCaching (though extending the i18n resource
bundles and using your own eventaware is not to hard)

Regards Ard