cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gabriele Columbro" <colum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploying Cocoon 2.1.10 Application in BEA Weblogic 9.2 Server
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 11:56:17 GMT
Hi Christofer,
the problem of deploying Cocoon under Weblogic arises when using Flowscript
and Mozilla Rhino classes, because Weblogic embeds in its weblogic.jar rhino
classes, thus not allowing override of such classes with Cocoon modified
version that you find in WEB-INF/lib folder (not even using the
<prefer-web-inf-classes> element in the WEB-INF/weblogic.xml file).
The solution I adopted, following suggestions on the list, is to pull down
both Cocoon and Rhino sources in order to change org.mozilla package name to
something different (the de  facto standard for this seems to be
org.nozilla;-) ) so that it does not clashes with weblogic shipped
rhino classes.
For a more accurate  description of the problem please refer at [1] while
you can find cocoon+rhino sources here [2].
Please double check that the current rhino version is still the one I
pointed you to, as my work was referred to Cocoon 2.1.9.

Follows a script that once ran with the cocoon (or the rhino) folder as
first argument will perform the replacement:

#!/bin/bash
# findNReplace.sh
# Find and replace useful to pull down Cocoon and Rhino sources to  work on
weblogic
# NB: must be applied to both cocoon and rhino sources for proper usage
# Author: Cocoon user list ;-)
#
# Parameters:
# $1 = directory in which cocoon/rhino installation can be found
#
DIR=$1
cd $DIR
# Using sed replaces all occurences of org.mozilla --> org.nozilla backing
up old versions in "filename.moz-old"
for lsFile in `find . -type f -exec grep -q org.mozilla {} \; -print` ; do
    echo "Editing "$lsFile
    mv $lsFile $lsFile.moz-old
    sed -r 's/org(.)mozilla/org\1nozilla/g' $lsFile.moz-old > $lsFile
    diff $lsFile.moz-old $lsFile
done
# Renames directories in order to make packages match
for lsDir in `find . -type d -name mozilla` ; do
    echo "Renaming "$lsDir" "`dirname $lsDir`/nozilla
    mv $lsDir `dirname $lsDir`/nozilla
done
~

HTH,
Gab

[1]
http://www.planetcocoon.com/node/2443?PHPSESSID=7759547ab7c39b11fa439097c062da65
[2]http://svn.cocoondev.org/repos/rhino+cont/trunk/rhino1_5R4pre

On 3/6/07, Christofer.Dutz@univativ.de <christofer.dutz@univativ.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am currently working on deploying a cocoon application in WLS 9.2
> unfortunately I am quite new to WLS and am having big trouble getting
> the application to run. Is there anything I have to keep in mind when
> deploying on WLS 9.2? The application worked like a charm on tomcat for
> quite some time, but we are migrating because of increased application
> load.
>

> Regards,
>
>     Christofer Dutz

Eng. Gabriele Columbro