cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Xhtml and Ajax...no go!!
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:19:31 GMT
On 11.03.2007 13:02, Andrew Madu wrote:

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
> org.apache.cocoon.components.serializers.encoding.CharsetFactory
>     org.apache.cocoon.components.serializers.EncodingSerializer.configure(EncodingSerializer.java:168)

 From what I understand it is not a problem of finding the
CharsetFactory, but of loading and initializing it. CharsetFactory holds
a static instance of itself [1, line 44]. As the instantiation happens
on loading the class, an exception during the instantiation might lead
to the exception stacktrace you have. Best would be to do remote
debugging so that you can see where exactly it fails on loading
CharsetFactory.

Jörg

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/tags/cocoon-2.1/RELEASE_2_1_10/src/blocks/serializers/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/serializers/encoding/CharsetFactory.java?annotate=506006