cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: Xhtml and Ajax...no go!!
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2007 04:01:28 GMT
Andrew Madu wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError : Could not initialize class
>     org.apache.cocoon.components.serializers.encoding.CharsetFactory
>

> I remember having this very issue with a previous version of cocoon, but
> for the lief of me I can't remember how the issue was resolved. I think
> I may have been given a different charset version but I can't be sure!
> Any ideas with this one?

I remember seeing a discussion about this a while back too but don't
remember the outcome.  You can probably find it in the list archives.

> For the meantime I will revert back to the in-built xhtml serializer
> until this issue is resolved.

If you do that, a possible way to work around the issue is to run a XSLT
just before serializing that adds content between the script tags so
they don't collapse.  Something like:

<xsl:stylesheet ...>

    <!-- keep script tags from collapsing -->
    <xsl:template match="script">
       <xsl:copy>
          <xsl:copy-of select="@*" />
          <xsl:apply-templates />