cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: BLOG via Cocoon?
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2007 15:17:44 GMT
Jonas Lundberg napisaƂ(a):
> <snip/>
>
> There are two issues with Cocoon that I have not been able to resolve,
> that makes it less ideal for XML based web sites in general, and for
> my system in particular:
> 1. It is extremely difficult to import XML from other sites into
> Cocoon, since one cannot just use an ordinary pipeline (the other site
> might be down, with unfortunate consequences). Imported XML is nice to
> have in blogs, to present information from elsewhere.
I guess that cached: source[1] could be easily adapted to your needs.
You would only have to change it that way it keeps cached content while
target url is unreachable independently from expiration times.

> 2. One cannot use time that the server is idle to execute pipelines
> that do some cleanup tasks - all pipelines seem to start with a
> request, not with the lack of a request. But that might be outside the
> scope of Cocoon.
What about Cron block? You can find examples how to use it in block's
samples.

[1]
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/CachingSourceFactory.html

--