cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Hiding fields according to data.xml entry
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 19:18:06 GMT
hap2000@gmx.net napisaƂ(a):
> Hey Grzegorz,
>
> if I get you right, I would have to build a form definition for any possible combination
of upload fields (which is not so much) and create according pipes.
> This sound like a good attempt, but how do decide, which pipe to take? I still need the
extra information from the data.xml and I need to process it to find out, which fields to
show or which form to use. I am still not clear about, how I can do that.

it should look like:
<map:matcher pattern="buildFormDefinition">
  <map:generate src="data.xml"/>
  <map:transform type="xslt" src="buildFormDefinition.xsl">
     <map:parameter name="doctype" value="{request-param:doctype}"/>
  </map:transform>
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:matcher>

This way you could pass selected doctype as request parameter
(buildFormDefinition?doctype=blablah) and build a form definition from
the data in data.xml file.

I hope this clarifies a little bit.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski