cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Hiding fields according to data.xml entry
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 15:15:44 GMT
hap2000@gmx.net napisaƂ(a):
> Hello,
>
> I need some help with cocoon 2.1.10  and cforms.
> I am looking for a way to show or hide upload fields (including their label) according
to a list of values loaded from a xml file.

> Concrete:
> When selecting a documenttype from a combobox I need the system to show a list of upload
fields which is defined in the datafile.
> <doctypes>
>
> <doctype name="first">
> <uploadfield type="xml"/>
> <uploadfield type="doc"/>
> <uploadfield type="pdf"/>
> </doctype>
>
> <doctype name="second">
> <uploadfield type="doc"/>
> <uploadfield type="pdf"/>
> </doctype>
>
> </doctypes>
>
> When the doctype "first" is selected from the combobox, the uploadfields for xml, doc
and pdf have to appear on the screen. If "second" is selected only doc and pdf should be shown.

> I am able to hide and show the fields if any value is selected or not with the following
script within my formdefinition. I am also able to fill the document combobox from the data.xml
file. but I do not know what to to to load the uploadfield-values from the data.xml file and
react accordingly.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Instead of hiding particular widgets I would just build form definition
based on user's selection. Basically you have to build a pipeline that
will generate form definition and form template based on user's choice.
If you need further help/advice just ask.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski