cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Skipping cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper?
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 21:08:36 GMT
Lally Singh napisaƂ(a):
> Hey all,
>
> -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dallblocks install, and I get these:
skipping tests is not necessary anymore, they should all work fine.

> /usr/local/svn_apache/cocoon/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/servlet/CocoonReloadingListener.java:[32,8]
>
> cannot find symbol
> symbol  : constructor ReloadingListener()
> location: class org.apache.commons.jci.listeners.ReloadingListener
>
> /usr/local/svn_apache/cocoon/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/servlet/CocoonReloadingListener.java:[36,13]
>
> cannot find symbol
> symbol  : method onFileChange(java.io.File)
> location: class org.apache.commons.jci.listeners.ReloadingListener

> Which, upon looking at javadocs for ReloadingListener, I completely
> agree with.
>
> So, unless anyone has any good ideas for making it compile properly,
> is there some way to skip building cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,

cocoon-rcl has been updated lately to use new api of commons-jci.
However, commons-jci is not released yet so some snapshot version is
being used and that causes problems. Maven finds some old snapshot with
old api and uses it for build resulting with an error. That's the price
for depending on the unreleased artifacts...

There are two solutions:
1. Remove cocoon-rcl from the build if you do not need it. You'll have
to modify some poms.
2. Tell Maven to use newest version by doing this:

svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/sandbox/jci/trunk commons-jci

cd commons-jci
mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true
Skipping test could be necessary, at least for me they do not work.

After that you should build your Cocoon normally. All this mess will be
get sort out soon. (release of jci is planned)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski