cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sébastien Geindre <sebastien.gein...@meteo.fr>
Subject Re: access eXist Db from Cocoon with XQueryTransformer
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 16:16:18 GMT
thomason a écrit :
> on 2/27/07 9:59 AM, Sébastien Geindre at sebastien.geindre@meteo.fr wrote:
>
>> i need to execute a xquery on the eXist cocoon embedded database, in a
>> cocoon pipe.

Thanks for your answer, but in your case, your db is external, so REST
maybe the right way.

in mine, the db is embedded in cocoon, and the xquery are more
complicated (call to external function in java using JTS...) and the
xqueries needs parameters setted in the xml post...
That's why i need a xqueryTransformer...
> e.g., from one of my apps (all on one line, gasp):
> <map:generate
> src="http://{global:db-server}/rest/{global:offering-collection}/{1}.xml?_ho
> wmany=-1&amp;_query=declare namespace
> util='http://exist-db.org/xquery/util'; declare namespace
> xmldb='http://exist-db.org/xquery/xmldb'; for $item in //Term return
> (xmldb:last-modified('/db/offerings',
> util:document-name($item)),/Root/ProgramName, $item)" />
>
> Also,
> <map:generate
> src="http://{global:db-server}/rest/{global:program-collection}?_howmany=-1&
> amp;_query=/Root/ProgramName|/Root/ProgramAbbrev|/Root/ProgramDescription|//
> Number|//Title|//Status|//Director/DName" />
>
> Note that I run eXist as a separate app, rather than embedded, for
> independent upgrades of cocoon and eXist.

Sébastien Geindre
DPREVI/AERO/DEV
sebastien.geindre@meteo.fr
05 61 07 84 93