cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lally Singh" <lally.si...@gmail.com>
Subject CForms & Views
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:15:34 GMT
Hey all, I'm building a small survey application.  I've been trying to
go along with the CForms docs, but find some good gaps in my
understanding of how to do stuff.

Specifically, I've got a system that generates questions based on two
parameters (a class ID like 'ECE2504' and a term ID like '200701'),
and was hoping to use views to generate the definition and template
files.

Can I invoke views with parameters here?  Something like this:
function doSurvey (course, term) {
   var form = new Form ("generate-questions?cocoon-view=form-def");
   form.showForm("generate-questions?cocoon-view=form-disp", {
course=course, term=term });
   // I'll have to figure out how to store these results here, somehow.
   cocoon.sendPage ("surveyDone");
}

I know showForm() can take in a map of parameters, but I didn't see
anything like that for Form().

Thanks in advance for any help!

-ls