cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Leonid Geller" <lgel...@feedroom.com>
Subject File Generator and Compressed XML
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 16:50:46 GMT
Has anyone tried to extent org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator to
process compressed XML source files?

Our source XML feeds are getting into tens of megabytes, and I'd like to
reduce I/O overhead by compressing them to zip/gzip archives prior to
making them available to Cocoon.

Before I dive into my own implementation, wanted to find out if one
already exists or if someone can give me a few clues on how to proceed.
I would obviously prefer to leverage most of org.apache.excalibur.source
package and not to replace resolver or contentHandler implementation.

Thanks

Leonid Geller

The FeedRoom, Inc.

http://www.feedroom.com <http://www.feedroom.com>