cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tobia <tobia.confo...@linux.it>
Subject Re: Performance problems with cocoon 2.1.10
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 16:00:42 GMT
A.W. van Halderen wrote:
> the performance collapsed when migrating from 2.1.8 to 2.1.10
>
> requests which would normally take 10ths to 100thms of microseconds
> now takes seconds upto a minut to execute

I'm seeing a similar problem in 2.1.10, that I never noticed in 2.1.8.

My app uses an adaptation of  blocks/forms/samples/sql/flow/jdbi.js
to execute SQL queries in flowscript.

I did some crude cocoon.log.info() debugging and I see that the first
call to dbi.open() in every request (dbi.open() is called several times
per request) *can* take up to 15 seconds.  Subsequent calls don't.

The problem is intermittent, meaning sometimes it doesn't show at all.

The db connection is provided by mysql-connector-java-3.0.17

I tried upgrading ehcache to 1.2.4, as suggested, but nothing changed.

Any ideas?

Tobia