cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gajo Csaba" <cs...@enyem.com>
Subject How to use esql:more-results ?
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:22:48 GMT
Hello,

I'm looking at the tutorial on Apache's web site. It says I can limit my
search query by using <esql:max-rows>. OK this works well, but now I'd
like to add paging. According to the tutorial I should use the
<esql:previous-results> and <esql:more-results> tags to archieve paging. I
was guessing that if I write text between these tags, Cocoon will turn
them into links which I will be able to click on. What happens is I get a
simple text saying there are more results. How can I turn this into a
link? I mean, how can I tell ESQL that I want to go to the next page?

In a separate matter, I was using <esql:no-results> to display text when
there are no results. What happens is that this tag displays text when
there ARE results, and doesn't display anything when there aren't. What am
I doing wrong?

I was using the following example from the Apache Cocoon site:

<esql:connection>
   <esql:pool>connectionName</esql:pool>
   <esql:execute-query>
     <esql:query>SELECT mycolumn1,mycolumn2 FROM table</esql:query>
     <esql:use-limit-clause>auto</esql:use-limit-clause>
     <esql:skip-rows><xsp:expr>skiprows</xsp:expr></esql:skip-rows>
     <esql:max-rows>10</esql:max-rows>
     <esql:results>
         <esql:row-results>
         <esql:previous-results>previous rows
available</esql:previous-results>
         <esql:more-results>more rows available</esql:more-results>
         </esql:row-results>
     </esql:results>
     <esql:error-results>An error occurred</esql:error-results>
     <esql:no-results>
     </esql:no-results>
   </esql:execute-query>
</esql:connection>