cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <lundquist.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Looking for Support.
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:43:49 GMT

On Jan 31, 2007, at 10:48 AM, Craig Reino wrote:

> Good Afternoon,
>
> I work as the primary web developer for http://www.sdtimes.com
>
> We are running apache/cocoon and are looking for some support. Is
> there some place I can go to have a consultant come in and review our
> infrastructure for any recommendations, and/or needs that I am not
> aware.

Hello,

I'd be happy to talk with you.  My qualifications include several years
of experience with Cocoon, including:

• expertise in Cocoon Forms, Flowscript, JXTemplate, XLST, Jetty,
HTML+CSS, client-side JS, JXPath, Ant (and recently have been learning
Maven), Jakarta Commons;  some Ajax experience;  MySQL (mostly in
combination w/ Hibernate, see below)

• expertise in using Spring and Hibernate with Cocoon;

• I've developed 20 or so commercial web sites with Coccon 2.1,
including non-trivial web applications, and currently administer the
production environments for most of them, i.e. my Cocoon experience is
"real world";

• I've made a couple of contributions to the Cocoon Wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/MarkLundquist), sharing some of what
I've learned and developed w.r.t. infrastructure.  I've also made some
modest contributions to Cocoon itself and am active on the developer
mailing list;

• I'm working to learn and adopt Cocoon 2.2, which has a much different
build and deployment system (based on Maven) and a different container
architecture (based on Spring);

I'm good at mentoring and at explaining alternatives approaches, and I
would love to do an infrastructure review for you.

One caveat: my experience is pretty much all with Unix in various forms
(including Linux and Mac OS X), and I'm really not much good with
Windows.  So if you're a Windows shop, you might be better off talking
infrastructure issues with someone with a stronger Windows background.

Hope to hear from you...

Best Regards,
Mark Lundquist