cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Serialize HTML to new window
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:17:16 GMT

On Feb 28, 2007, at 11:11 AM, Gary Larsen wrote:

> I assume that I'm missing something basic again.
>
> I would like to serialize the HTML as though it was called with a
> target="_blank" request parameter.
>
> The reason for this is, due to a user option in a form, the page being
> generated will have no link back to the application.  (Sort of a
> print view)
>
> Is this possible?
> Gary

I don't believe that this has anything to do with how cocoon
serializes or
serves the output -- this is a browser UI issue. I don't think you want
a 'target=' request parameter. You want a 'target=' attribute on the
link
to the page, so that the browser is directed to handle it in a new
window.
Cocoon (or any server) doesn't do anything differently to generate or
serve
the page.  ( Or am I misunderstanding the question ? )

-- Steve Majewski