cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stewart, Gary" <Gary.Stew...@luht.scot.nhs.uk>
Subject The Dreaded "Request failed - status=500" on AJAX in CForms
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 16:46:06 GMT
Hi people,

I'm using Cocoon 2.1.8 (which is obviously using a different AJAX version from the current
one) and I've discovered that there is "some way" to get it so it constantly fails updating
the AJAX stuff for all users across all pipelines. I'm not sure how it happened. I've seen
it a couple of times during dev when I was updating the sitemap. A restart would fix the problem.
However I only recently saw it on the production system. Has anyone seen anything like this?

It looks like, to go into more detail, that the results are processed as HTML rather than
XML (if you display the returned error you see that this is the case) therefore presumably
the bu:update part is failing as it is wrapped in HTML. It looks likely that AJAX Request
is and causing the selector to evaluate false as my form processing pipelines have something
like

<map:select type="ajax-request">
 <map:when test="true">
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
 </map:when>
 <map:otherwise>
   <map:call resource="session-process" />
   <map:call resource="default-transform" />
   <map:serialize type="html"/>
 </map:otherwise>
</map:select>

I'd try swapping the logic (so it tests for false and defaults to returning XML) but as I
can't recreate the bug I don't know if that'd work.

I'll go check the patches for later versions of Cocoon though I know we switched to DOJO so
we might not be using the same logic at all (I had a couple of problems with DOJO in 2.1.9
so I left upgrading, might be worth trying again with 2.1.10 though).

Thanks,

Gary

legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only. If you
have received this message in error or there are any problems
please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden.