cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: continuation problem -- are id's unique ?
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 23:52:25 GMT

On Feb 5, 2007, at 6:02 PM, Jason Johnston wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 17:50:21 -0500, "Steven D. Majewski"
> <sdm7g@virginia.edu> wrote:
>>
>> And when I fix the misspelling of "{flow-attr:alt_kont}" in the
>> sitemap, the one I explicitly
>> passed works -- but that's not the current continuation -- that the
>> one I bookmarked
>> right before the sendPageAndWait() call, so clicking on it just goes
>> in a loop.
>>
>> So passing a continuation explicitly in the use map works:
>>
>> 	var altcont = cocoon.createWebContinuation();
>> 	cocoon.sendPageAndWait( 'work/' + umap.instdir + '/' + umap.docbase
>> + '.aggregate',  { alt_kont:altcont.id } );
>>
>> But I can't seem to get the cocoon.continuation.id  ( whether I use
>> dots or slashes in the sitemap ).
>
> The sitemap snippet you posted earlier:
>
> <map:parameter name="kont" value="{flow-attr:cocoon/continuation/
> id}"/>
>
> will not work because the flow-attr object you're passing does not
> have a member named "cocoon", just "alt_kont".  You cannot
> implicitly access the cocoon global object from the flow-attr input
> module.
>
> You can use instead the flow-continuation input module:
>
> <map:parameter name="kont" value="{flow-continuation:id}"/>

Thank you, THANK YOU, Jason!
This works and does what I needed.
( I had thought the continuation was considered an attribute of the
flow object model,
   so I though it would be accessible via flow-attr:   "attribute"
seems to be an
   undefined term in the cocoon docs -- I recall earlier searching in
vain for what
   exactly were the request attributes, session attributes, etc. and
where they came from. )

-- Steve Majewski