cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Abbas Mousavi <abbasmous...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: two bugs in form block
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2007 08:02:45 GMT
I have reported both problems to jira

the keys are

COCOON-2000       bug in saveXml function            COCOON-1999       form styling stylesheets
dont work with Saxon (forms-field-styling.xsl)

Gary Larsen <gary.larsen@envisn.com> wrote: Hi Grzegorz,

> According to spec:
> "It is an error if this leaves more than one matching template rule. An
> XSLT processor may signal the error; if it does not signal the error, it
> must recover by choosing, from amongst the matching template rules that
> are left, the one that occurs last in the stylesheet." [1]
> That means Saxon behaves correctly choosing way of throwing error
> instead of recovering mechanism.
>
> I think it's better to raise priority of one template than constructing
> clunky matches. What do you think?
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#conflict

That makes sense as the last matching template is the most generic,
"fi:styling/@*".

Perhaps the Saxon I'm using (8-7-3j) is 'following the rule' by signaling an
error?

Gary