cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <ajuf...@sun3.oulu.fi>
Subject Re: Cannot set property: /keywords[1]/keyword - no such property
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:55:30 GMT
Grzegorz,

thanks for your reply.

Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Andre Juffer napisaƂ(a):
>> Hi,
>>
>> What exactly is the meaning of the error? Should there be a
>> setCategory() method on the Specification class? That would not make
>> sense to me. What is missing/wrong?
>>
> 1. your errors is about keyword property and one sentence later you talk
> about category property. Where this inconsistency comes from?

I am sorry. I always meant keyword, never category. (The category is a
typing error.)

> 2. fb:insert-bean will work only with JavaBeans, and String is not
> JavaBean. Also, this is much too complicated way of binding. You should
> have just:
> Collection getKeywords();
> setKeywords(Collection keywords);
> methods. Following JavaBeans convention is really good idea here because
> it's only way to work with binding lightly.

OK, I see what you mean. The Specification class does include set/get
methods for a number of other properties, including collections, and for
those cases I did use the JavaBeans convention (e.g. an user selects 1
or more categories from a given set of categories). Only for the
keywords I used a repeater and I was under the impression that the
addKeyword(String) method would be the appropriate way to store (add)
keywords into the Specification (I think this was mentioned somewhere on
the web pages of cocoon 2.1.9). I will implement this part with set/get
methods as well. Thanks for pointing this out.

> If you want further help, ask providing more details (especially on why
> you don't follow JavaBean convention) and ask just once. It's enough and
> attract the same amount of attention.

Point taken. In any case, I did appreciate your help.

--
Andre H. Juffer              | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi
The Biocenter and            | WWW: www.biochem.oulu.fi/Biocomputing/