cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tobia <tobia.confo...@linux.it>
Subject Re: parameters in chained transforms
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2007 16:24:34 GMT
Askild Aaberg Olsen wrote:
> Lincoln Mitchell wrote:
> > How do I send the value of a parameter defined and used in a xsl
> > file back to the sitemap for the next xsl to use in the chain of
> > transformations?
>
> Since the sitemap is set up before the transformation starts, I don't
> think you can do this by passing parameters through the sitemap.
>
> My suggestion is to put the parameter values in the XML, and pick it up
> from there in the next transformation.

If that is not enough, you can make the xslt generate jx code that
stores request attributes  ${request.setAttribute('name','value')}
and put a jx transformer in the pipeline right after the xsl one.

By the way, can I access Cocoon's objects (request, session...)
through an xslt/xpath extension?  That would be useful.

Tobia