cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon's capabilities - XML to PostgreSQL ?
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:55:53 GMT
On 1/25/07, Jim C. <jlistnews@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a large XML file, say 15 Mb and I need to get it into a
> PostgreSQL database. Can Cocoon do this?...

It could, but if it's a one-time job, I'd go for generating SQL
statements by transforming your XML with XSLT:

  XML file -> XSLT transform -> SQL statements file -> execute SQL in DB

Or use any other XML transformation method that you're familiar with
instead of XSLT.

In Cocoon, you could do the same but generate SQLTransformer
statements instead of a plain SQL statements file:

  XML file -> XSLT transform using SQLTransformer syntax -> SQLTransformer

HTH,
-Bertrand