cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu>
Subject java.lang.IllegalStateException: Pipeline has already been processed for this request
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:27:45 GMT

OK: I've managed to find (I think) what caused this error, but I'm
hoping someone
can explain what exactly it means to me:

    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Pipeline has already been
processed for this request

I was debugging some flowscript, and I stuck in a sendPageAndWait()
call to a template
page to show me some intermediate values. When my values were not
showing up, I changed
it to a sendPage(). [ I did this because when it wasn't working, I
looked at another
place where I called the same pipeline and it worked, and there I was
calling sendPage(),
so I changed it to follow more closely what I knew was working code. ]

I got the above error, I couldn't figure out what it meant.
I tried a number of things, including stoping and restarting tomcat
+cocoon.
Eventually, I put back the sendPageAndWait() and it started working
again.

Can someone explain what happened and what that message above means ?

-- Steve Majewski - University of Virginia Alderman Library