cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: linking excalibur sources to request
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:48:31 GMT

> A simplified version of the problem I'm working on:
>
> I need to be able to associate all (Excalibur) Sources used during a
> pipeline with the initial request.  That is:
>
> 1) Request comes in through the Servlet
> 2) The pipeline executes
> 3) The servlet, upon completion, can output the URI for each
> Source read
> from during the pipeline.

A strange requirement. Do you realizee that cocoon:/ and cocoon:// and context:/ and file://,
upload:// etc would all classify as your (Excalibar) sources. Actually, what you ask is to
register within one request, all things that are resolved by the excalibur sourceresolver.
But, quite a lot of calls might be done only once, and afterwards cached, like a file://import
in an xsl. Afterwards, this one is cached, and the location for checking its validity wont
be resolved by the sourceresolver. Context does not make any sense, because it is the same
for all request. Then you should bind them to a session, but you really dont want this.

I really don't understand why you want this, and i do not think it is possible

Ard