cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Manuel Mata <manuel_mata_ru...@yahoo.es>
Subject Mapping favicon
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:47:25 GMT
Hi all.

I want to put a favicon on my application which is
under "abc" context, so when i write
"http://localhost:8888/abc/" it put my icon on the
left of the url if you use Firefox ( i think you know
what i mean).

I matched it with this code on my sitemap

<!-- favicon -->
<map:match pattern="favicon.ico">
  <map:read mime-type="image/x-icon"
src="include/images/favicon32x32.ico"/>
</map:match>

but it doesn't work. I see that on the cocoon main
sitemap there is a matching like
'pattern="**favicon.ico"' so i think that it matches
all favicons on all requests anywhere it is and
returns the cocoon one ("resources/icons/cocoon.ico").
So i get some questions:

1. Why doesn't it match mine if it is processed first
than cocoon main matching ?
2. Is the request/respones cycle of favicon from the
browser always done to
"http://localhost:8888/favicon.ico" or
"http://localhost:8888/abc/favicon.ico" ?

If i point to "http://localhost:8888/abc/favicon.ico"
i get my icon but if point any other url mapped i get
the page but not my icon (i get the cocoon one) ...

I'm really confused with this. I hope anyone can help.

Thx in advance.