cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <lundquist.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exiting flowscript by sending XML to a pipeline
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:07:29 GMT

On Jan 16, 2007, at 10:43 AM, Walter Lewis wrote:

> My thanks to Jason for the keys to the regular expression kingdom, or
> at least that part solvable by type conversion.  :)
>
> Now that the data is being manipulated in flowscript to my
> satisfaction (or, at least, well enough for the moment),  on to the
> next question:
>    How to exit flowscript and pass the output into another (or
> containing) pipeline expecting XML.
>
> I have a public pipeline that includes this match:
>
>    <map:match pattern="results">
>        <map:call function="main"/>
>        <map:transform type="cinclude" />
>        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>    </map:match>

OK, that's going to have to change.  Once your pipeline calls a
flowscript function, it is done.  There must be more processing to
eventuate in a reply to the client, but that will take place in other
pipeline(s).

You could put your cinclude transformer into the pipeline that has the
jx generator.  Or, you could put the <map:call> into another pipeline
and call it (<generate src="cocoon:/whatever") from the "results"
pipeline.

HTH,
—ml—