cocoon-users mailing list archives

From BMur <bradjamesmur...@hotmail.com>
Subject Create New File
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 21:18:26 GMT

Hello, I'm using Cocoon version 2.1.7:

I have an instance of Lenya, which uses Cocoon, and I beleive this question
is related to Cocoon more than Lenya.

I would like to create a new file within the filesystem on-the-fly.  If
possible I would like to do this in an xmap file (usecase.xmap).  I'd like
to pass the xmap file some variables, and create a new xml file based on
those variables.  For instance:
<source:write create="true"
xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0">
<source:source>MyTestfileName.xml</source:source>
<source:fragment>"Value of passed variable"</source:fragment>
</source:write>

I've tried various methods of creating the file using source:write in the
xmap, however nothing has worked thus far.  I'd paste my errors here,
however I receive different errors depending on the different attempts I've
made.

Can anyone help, or provide an alternative for creating files on the fly?