cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: R: I: Reading Cocoon component from Servlet Filter
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 22:21:23 GMT
On 19.01.2007 12:11, Leonardo Battagli wrote:

> It sounds a bit strange to me If can't get from inside a ServletFilter all
> the component I can use inside a flowscript

No, it's a completely different environment. The filter is outside of
the servlet, the flowscript inside of it. It is also nothing specific
for Cocoon, it's the servlet API that enforces this separation of
concerns. (Not from the beginning btw. In former versions you could
access the servlets from the servlet context which is no longer possible
in newer versions. The context is available from the filter.)

You probably have to rethink your architecture. What is it what you
actually want to do in your filter?

Jörg