cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Problem in custom Transformer (migrating to 2.1.10)
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 22:15:44 GMT
On 19.01.2007 23:03, Gary Larsen wrote:

> When I put LogTransformer before the custom transformer I can see logging,
> but when it is after the custom transformer there is no logging.  I think
> this shows there something wrong with my transformer.
>
> Perhaps it was too simple, but acceptable in 2.1.7.  Here's the setup():

I don't think it has something to do with the setup. There should not
have been changed anything critical. You might have a look at the
changes though (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html) but that's
really a huge list between 2.1.7 and 2.1.10.

More likely such problems are caused by the updates of the XML libraries.

>     public void setup(SourceResolver resolver, Map objectModel, String src,
> Parameters par)
>             throws ProcessingException, SAXException, IOException {
>
>         // Set up the decorator to forward calls to
>         if (super.contentHandler != null) {
>             this.decorator = new SaxDecorator(super.contentHandler);
>         }
>     }
>

> SaxDecorator is a java content handler which adds uri's to the betwixt
> generated XML which is processing the sax events.

What happens with the decorator? Somewhere it must be set as new content
handler. Otherwise it would not do anything (also no harm). It would be
interesting to see if the sax event methods gets called in your
transformer and later in the decorator. Somewhere they must get lost
before reaching super.contentHandler.

Jörg