cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Problem in custom Transformer (migrating to 2.1.10)
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:31:27 GMT
On 19.01.2007 22:12, Gary Larsen wrote:
>>>  XML Parsing Error: no element found
>>> Location: http://notebook1:8080/netvisn/
>>> Line Number 1, Column 1:
>>>
>>> The transformer is processing the sax events but it seems that nothing
>> is
>>> being delivered back to the pipeline.
>> It's a parsing error, so I'd guess it's not the transformer's culprit.
>
> But the parsing error is 'no element found' so it looks like the transformer
> is not sending sax events back to the pipeline.

In theory in a Cocoon pipeline there are only sax events and nothing
gets reparsed. That's why I thought it can't be the transformer. Even
when it does not send sax events you should not get any parsing error.
Actually it might depend on what the transformer is doing.

> Initially I wasn't using an updated cocoon.xconf, but the problem still
> exists.  Any ideas how to debug this?

There is a transformer that only logs the sax events: LogTransformer.

Jörg