cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Walter Lewis <lew...@hhpl.on.ca>
Subject Regular Expressions, flowscript and java.lang.Character
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 20:15:34 GMT
I'm new to flowscript work in Cocoon, but I've gotten to this point from
a number of variable manipulations which are just a whole lot easier
(theoretically) with regular expressions than in XSLT. The following is
a simple variation that illustrates the problem. There are 40 or so
other pieces to the whole puzzle.

Some of you will be familiar with the error message:
    org.mozilla.javascript.EvaluatorException: "file:/D:/Program
Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat
5.5/webapps/dist/ROOT/Test/flow/searchTest.js", line 10: Cannot convert
/\s*((\S+\s*)*)/ to java.lang.Character
It was discussed at length in May 2005, but I would appreciate a simple
statement of the conclusions.  I don't see anything like them in play in
the schema.js flowscript for the linotype block, which pattern is echoed
below.

Clues?

Walter

=== the ProcessParameters.js script ============
function main() {
    /* collect the possible parameters from the search screens*/
    var q = cocoon.request.get("q");
    /* trim extra spaces and break q into words */
    LTrim(q);
}

// Removes leading whitespaces
function LTrim( value ) {
    value = value.replace(/\s*((\S+\s*)*)/, "$1");
    return value;
}

=== extracts from the Sitemap =================
   <map:pipeline>
      <map:match pattern="style/*">
        <map:generate type="jx" src="style/{1}.xml"/>
        <map:serialize/>
      </map:match>
</map:pipeline>

<map:pipeline>