cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem running the WebDAV sample block from Cocoon 2.2 TRUNK (2006-01-05 19:00 UTC)
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 21:16:50 GMT
Mikael Olenfalk napisaƂ(a):
> (sorry for the long mail)
>
> Hi!
>
> I have just checkout cocoon 2.2 trunk and compiled it successfully.
> Now I have a problem running the webdav sample block.
>
> When I navigate to
> http://localhost:8888/blocks/cocoon-webdav-sample/davmap/repo/ I get
> the following error:
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator
>
> (Full stacktrace below)
>
> Even though I have ensured cocoon-template-impl is added as a
> dependency and it seems to be loaded as can be seen on the Cocoon
> Status page.
>
> Has anybody encountered this problem before, is there something more
> than editing cocoon-webapp/pom.xml I have to do?
>

> Caused by:
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
> Unable to read Avalon configuration from 'sitemap.xmap'.; nested
> exception is
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
> Unable to create class for component with role
> org.apache.cocoon.generation.Generator/jx with class:
> org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator

Webdav was untouched for months thus is not current with recent changes
in trunk. In particular case, trunk has switched to new implementation
of JX templates (called also cocoon templates). So in order to get it
working you would have to modify sitemaps to depend on new version of
generator. Also, minor changes to template files would be needed.
If you get something working do not forget to submit patches into JIRA. :)

Hope that helps a little.

--
Best regards
Grzegorz Kossakowski