cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: Running Cocoon in debugger
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 23:32:45 GMT
On 1/4/2007 4:22 PM, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Lars Huttar napisaƂ(a):
>
>>> -Run ./cocoon.sh  servlet-debug
>>> -Connect to http://localhost:8888 from browser
>>> -Connect to port 8000 from the Eclipse remote debugger
>>>
>> -Build from scratch, directly from the release archive
>> then yes, that's how I've been trying it.
>>
> I presume it's Windows related. Now I work on Linux (and preparing for a
> sleep soon) so cannot test it. I'll give it a try tomorrow. Try to
> figure out why it's getting refused, search maillist archives, check
> firewall settings (really carefully, windows firewall are sometimes too
> "smart") and if being desperate try dumping http traffic on 8000 port :)

FWIW, Jetty's first log output (without -DDEBUG) is "Listening for
transport dt_socket at address: 8000".
So that's a good sign.

Also, I tried "telnet localhost 8000" to see what would happen.
telnet seems to connect successfully. (It gives me a blinking cursor and
lets me type, but nothing shows up.) I think that's normal.

Lars