cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: Running Cocoon in debugger
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 21:28:56 GMT
On 1/4/2007 3:18 PM, Mark Lundquist wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2007, at 1:02 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
>
>> Anyway, I've now got Jetty/Cocoon successfully running with "cocoon
>> servlet-debug".
>> However, when I try connecting to them remotely with a debugger (jdb
>> or Eclipse), it fails.
>>
>> (1)
>> Trying with jdb:
>> C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_09\bin>jdb -attach localhost:8000
>> java.io.IOException: shmemBase_attach failed: The system cannot find
>> the file specified
>
> Google says :-) this is a Windows-specific problem, try this instead:
>
> jdb -connect com.sun.jdi.SocketAttach:hostname=localhost,port=8000
I bow before your superior google-fu...

OK, that helped. Now instead of " The system cannot find the file
specified", I get "Connection refused: connect".
So it would seem that jdb has caught up with Eclipse.

Is it possible that I need to do something as a different user? I'm
logged on as an Administrator...

Lars