cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Running Cocoon in debugger
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 14:19:30 GMT
Lars Huttar napisaƂ(a):
> Hello,
> I'm trying to run Cocoon in a debugger, as is often suggested in
> answers to queries on this list.
> The instructions I've found are at [1] and [2]. Nothing I've tried
> works. I'd appreciate any help.
>
> (FYI: I'm using Windows XP, Cocoon 2.1.7, and Tomcat 5.5.9.)
>
> Method (1): using Jetty
> The first method, "cocoon.bat servlet-debug" (as recommended in [1]),
> appears to start OK. But when you try to browse to
> http://localhost:8000/, the browser gives the error:
>
>    No context on this server matched or handled this request.
>    Contexts known to this server are:
>        * WebApplicationContext[/,.\build\webapp]
>    The links above may not work if a virtual host is configured
>
> Going back to baseline, I discovered that it fails the same way
> regardless of whether you use "cocoon.bat servlet-debug" or just plain
> "cocoon servlet".
> I googled on the error message but couldn't find anything that helped
> me solve the problem. Nor could I find any jetty logs with errors.
>
> <snip/>
The easiest method is the first one. Your mistake is that you try to
browse on port 8000 instead of 8888. Port 8888 is used to communicate
with browser, 8000 one is reserved for communication between Java VM and
debugger. So if you are in debug mode you should still use 8888 and
configure your favorite debugger with localhost (as host) and 8000 as port.
I really recommend using Eclipse for debugging. I find this IDE the best
one on the earth and debugging with it is damn easy :-)
But do not shy to ask even basic questions about Eclipse related
debugging Cocoon/your project. At the beginning, not everything have to
be obvious.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski