cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: <xsl:message> output
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:04:35 GMT

On Jan 26, 2007, at 12:52 PM, Mark Lundquist wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2007, at 9:26 AM, Steven D. Majewski wrote:
>
>> I do testing/debugging on Mac OSX laptop:
>
> Me too :-)
>
>>   I put a distinctive string in my <xsl:message> and grepped all
>> thru the cocoon logs, the system and console logs and anywhere else
>> I could find. Does anyone know were to look on OSX ?
>
> It's just the stdout of the JVM.  How do you start Cocoon?  E.g.,
> if you do "cocoon.sh" in a shell window, the message will appear as
> output in that window.
>
> I was using <xsl:message> just yesterday to help debug a
> stylesheet.  I'm using Saxon, maybe that makes a difference... but
> I would be surprised.

I running cocoon as a webapp under tomcat.
( and I checked the tomcat logs too. But I didn't think to look
   at the terminal window from which I started tomcat. I usually
   have 3 or 4 windows open in different directories, so I'm sure
   I wasn't even aware of which one I started from. Maybe I'll try
again. )

-- Steve Majewski