cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Using flowscript vars inside xsl files
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:43:09 GMT

On Jan 31, 2007, at 4:43 AM, Daniel Süpke wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a xml file from which a form with checkboxes (only) is created
> through xslt. The parameter names (from the boxes) are accessed
> within a
> flowscript (cocoon.request.getParameterNames()). Now I want to
> redisplay
> the form site some time later with the according checkboxes already
> selected. How would I accomplish that? I somehow need to access the
> stored values inside a xsl file.

I'm doing something that may be similar.
I keep info on member institutions in an xml file, which is transformed
and used in several places -- trying to move to having a single file to
update when adding a new user. In one place, I'm transforming this list
into a <select>...<option>... menu with an initial selection via xslt.

Flowscript calls pipeline that begins with jx generator and then calls
xinclude transformer. jx gets parameters passed from flowscript, and
appends default selection param onto xinclude href.
   That pipeline is set get-request-parameters=true, and generates
the menu with the default selection from the xml.

Is this at all similar to what you want to do?

-- Steve Majewski / UVA Alderman Library