cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: including multiple xml files into transformation
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 01:11:23 GMT

On Jan 7, 2007, at 6:13 AM, Toby wrote:

> 2. XSLT's (actually XPath's) document() function
>
> The document() function allows you to access more than one xml source
> file from within a XSLT.  See for example the "styleless stylesheet"
> approach (it was on some blog... I don't have the link handy right now)

Hi guys,

The use of document() in Cocoon is discouraged, because it doesn't play
nice with cache validity.  If the content supplied by the included
resource changes, Cocoon has no way of knowing it and will serve stale
content from the cache.  At least, that was the case at one time, and
as far as I know it still is.

best regards,
—ml—