cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Larsen" <gary.lar...@envisn.com>
Subject RE: First time continuation exception (2.1.10 upgrade)
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:45:28 GMT
Thanks Mark,

> Certainly the NPE results from the FOM_Cocoon object having a null
> value for its currentCall instance variable.  A few months ago I had to
> add some AJAX features to a previously non-AJAX-using application built
> on Cocoon 2.1.8, and I was getting a similar failure, but mine was in
> jsGet_continuation().  I can't remember why currentCall was null in my
> case, unfortunately I didn't document this incident and now I don't
> recall the details... but I'm pretty sure I remember being certain that
> this was normal and not caused by anything I was doing wrong.  I made a
> local fix in FOM_Cocoon to have jsGet_continuation() return null if
> currentCall was null.

Yep, this is a similar problem where currentCall is null.  Bypassing the NPE
doesn't work with sendForm() since it will then NPE on the form.save().

There must be something wrong with my configuration or component version
somewhere.  My geekhat's a bit loose but hopefully I can track it down :-)

Gary