cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Larsen" <gary.lar...@envisn.com>
Subject Improving XSLT performance
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 19:07:37 GMT

Some large XQuery results are taking along time to process and I'm looking
for suggestions on how to improve XSLT performance.

I'm currently using Cocoon 2.1.7 with Xalan Java 2.4.1.  I tried to plug in
Xalan Java 2.7.0 but it turns out I will need to upgrade Cocoon.  My next
step is to see if Saxon will work with 2.1.7.

Will an upgrade of Xalan or moving to Saxon improve performance?

Another question:

The answer is 'probably it depends', but generally speaking is the upgrade
to 2.1.* (from 2.1.7) very difficult for most applications?  Is there info
anywhere on upgrading?  What would be other justifications for an upgrade?

Thanks for any advice,
Gary