cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Roel Croonenberghs <Roel.Croonenber...@sofico.be>
Subject Re: validation
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:42:57 GMT
Hello,

I use the required attribute. And I get a  !  next to the filed. When I
click that   !   then I get to see te message. But I want to (next to this
behaviour ) that i can display a message at the bottom of my form to tell
the user that the form did not validate. (because users tend to oversee
these   !      even when they are in red)

so is it possible to check that at least 1 (one) field is not validated
(it doesn't matter witch) and then show a message?

pe;

situation now after submit;

field1   myname *
field2   myadres *
field3          * !
field4   mytelephone *

* required

situation wanted after submit

field1   myname *
field2   myadres *
field3          * !
field4   mytelephone *

* required

There was a problem validating your form

Tnx

"bart remmerie" <remmerie@gmail.com>
20/12/2006 11:33
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: validation

Dear Roel,

In your form-definition, you can declare whether or not a field is
required:
<fd:field id="..." required="true|false" state="...">
(See http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgets/widget_field.html)

When a field has required="true", a message is displayed when the
field is not filled out (on form-submit) (when using standard
validation).

Next to that, fields that have the required="true" attribute, are
marked and a ! appears displaying the validation error (after
attempted submission)

Bart

--
Bart Remmerie