cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: aggregating a flowscript-page
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 01:58:33 GMT

Hi Sven!

On Dec 7, 2006, at 2:46 PM, sven goosen wrote:

> What I want to have, is that every *.jx page will be aggregated with
> my menu.xml.

RIght! :-)

> But how can I do this. I can't put an <map:aggregate> in my *.jx
> match. because the <map:generate> is already there.

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense to put an aggregator after a generator,
does it?

Like I told somebody else a while back, "Think pull, not push".  When
you think about the matcher that's going to match a request, don't
think first about how where the data stream starts, instead think about
the end of the pipeline, because that's how your matcher has to end (or
with a redirect), then work backwards.

Here's what I always do... something like this:

   <match pattern="**">  <!-- Everything!!!! -->
     <call resource="page.html">
       <parameter name="page" value="{0}"/>
     </call>
   </match>

   <resource name="page.html">
     <aggregate element="page">

       <!-- Here's the "pull"... match this to get main
               content source for the page -->
       <part element="source" src="cocoon:/{page}.source" />

       <part element="nav" src="whatever" />
       <!-- etc... -->
     </aggregate>
     <transform src="context:/xslt/site/page.xslt"/>  <!-- whatever-->
     <serialize type="html"/>
   </resource>

Now, you can have any number of matchers to provide content source in a
variety of ways, e.g.

    <!-- client requested "foo"; flow handles this one... -->
    <match pattern="foo.source">
        <call function="foo"/>
    </match>

    <!-- continuations -->
    <match pattern="**.continue.source">
	<call continuation="{1}"/>
    </match>

    <!-- everything else: just regular xhtml -->
    <match pattern="**.source">
        <generate src="context:/content/{1}.xml"/>
        <serialize type="xml"/>
    </match>

Cheers and HTH,
—ml—

PS — I actually like use ":source" instead of ".source", but that
doesn't work without a patch.  Cocoon is broken and throws an exception
if you try to use a colon inside the context-path part of a URI.  The
patch hasn't been accepted into Cocoon yet though... :-/