cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Specify the stylesheet location dynamically
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 19:02:20 GMT

On Dec 5, 2006, at 1:22 PM, Habib Kaci wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         I have a specic need to specify the stylesheet doing the
> xslt transformation at runtime.
>
>         Can I specify this within the XSP (without writing action).
>
> Thank you,

Yes -- you can specify the transform "at runtime" .
The question is: how do you intend to specify it ?

For an example, I use the following in my sitemap, so that

	published/XYZ/ABC.document

styles  published/XYZ/ABC.xml  thru the xsl/document.xsl stylesheet.

<!-- STYLED CONTENT -->
         <!--  For the rest of the files, we use the file extension
as a stylesheet -->
         <map:match pattern="published/*/*.*">
           <map:generate src="published/{1}/{2}.xml"/>
           <map:transform src="xsl/{3}.xsl">
             <map:parameter name="contextPath"
value="{request:contextPath}"/>
             <map:parameter name="who" value="{1}"/>
           </map:transform>
           <map:serialize type="html"/>
         </map:match>

In other cases, a stylesheet is passed as a request parameter.
I imagine with flowscript you can do pretty much any arbitrary
processing
  to define parameters before calliing another pipeline. ( And IMHO,
writing flowscripts
  is likely easier than writing actions. ) Like perhaps if you wanted
to lookup a
user preference to determine a stylesheet.

( Did I understand the question correctly ? )

-- Steve Majewski / UVA Alderman Library