cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <simo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Accessing an applet from flow
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:48:29 GMT
Hi Alberto,

Alberto Brosich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a form builded with cforms and controlled by a flowscript.
> This form contains an applet and I need to retrieve in the flowscript
> some values from it.
> The applet is not a widget so it's not accessible from form object (I
> suppose...).
See Mark's answer.
> I don't know how to access all the DOM of the html page from
> flowscript or from an event handler of the submit widget.
> I do not found any useful example in mailing-list archive or googling
> around.
Just to clarify things : flowscript *is not client side*.

It's written in javascript as much as the small snippets you can include
in a web page, but there similarities end.

It is executed server side as much as ASP, PHP, servlets or any other
server technology, so it has no access to the DOM or the runtime values
of an applet or the browser the user is using. For that you have to use
client side scripting, like Mark suggested.

Simone