cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: Sending a resulting XML document to another pipeline
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 22:23:11 GMT
On 12/1/2006 2:51 PM, Goetzmann Bertrand wrote:
> Hello to the community,
>
> Another question : in my sitemap.xmap I have a pipeline containing a
> matcher that generates an XML document (by the XML serializer) ; and I
> would want a way to send this result to another matcher that will take
> this document by a generator to do another transformation.
> It's seems I need to use the stream generator, but I will approciate
> an example or indication.
>
> Thank you !
>
> Bertrand Goetzmann.
I think you want something like this (obvious once you have an example):

<!-- the matcher that generates xml -->
<map:match pattern="make-xml-document">
   <map:generate ...... />
   <map:serialize type="xml" />
</map:match>

<!-- The matcher that uses the XML generated by the above URL -->
<map:match pattern="use-xml-document">
  <map:generate src="cocoon:/make-xml-document" />
  <map:transform type="..." ...>
  <map:serialize .../>
</map:match>

To use these pipelines, you browse to the second URL pattern
("http://myhost/.../use-xml-document").
The second one calls the first and uses the XML it produces.

As Mark Lundquist said, think "pull" rather than "push".

Lars