cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Problem with Session under Cocoon 2.1
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 09:35:12 GMT

> Hello
>
> I have a problem with Session (Multisession) under cocoon.
> I'm using Cocoon with an DB and I use it for the catalog
> viewing. If I use one window (browser) it is everything ok.
> If I use two or more windows, with others catalog (first
> window catalog one, secound window catalog two) I have a
> problem with session. Session of window one (catalog one) is
> rewrited with session from window two (catalog two). Can
> someone help me?

Oooooow, I first did not understand your problem, but I think I do now. I am not to familiar
with the exact working of sessions (mozilla also works differently the explorer), but I think
your problem is not really a problem in my opinion. If you have a session open, and you have
a new window or a popup, and request to the same server, I think you just maintain the same
session. This really is common for every framework, because I think it is how a browser works
in combination with tomcat or jetty.  Why would you want to have different behavior? Probably,
not opening another window, but another *browser* (like, you have explorer session, now open
mozilla), this will create a seperate session, and will behave according your expectations

Regards Ard