cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Passing data from XSP back to sitemap
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 20:18:34 GMT

> Hi
> I would like to get a variable from an XSP and use to determine what
> XSLT to use. Is it possible to inject date from the XSP back into the
> sitemap? It is preferred that this takes place in an XSP (rather than
> flowscript) as this XSP will also generate the XML for the XSLT.

Do not think this is possible (think...because I do not know to much about XSP). Just try
to use 1 single XSLT, that handles both cases. That should be possible. You probably have
some different element or value somewhere coming out from the XSP, right?

Now, if you have one main xsl, which includes/imports a couple of xsl, each representing the
different xsl you want. Make sure, in you main xsl, in the matcher from which the two xsls
differ, you just apply matchers with a mode, each xsl that is imported having only matchers
with there own specific modes.

Hope this helps you out,

Regards Ard