cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Zachariah <zbajab...@unl.edu>
Subject Trouble pushing parameters with spaces to file generator src
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 23:05:40 GMT

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here.
What I'm trying to do is quite simple, but I don't know how to track down
the error.

All I want to do is pass a search phrase to an external file that will
return generated XML. I'm doing this as so:

<map:generate
src="http://www.searchserver.com/search.php?keyword={raw-request-param:keyword}"
/>

The problem is if the search phrase contains a space like
mysearch?keyword=north+america or mysearch?keyword=north%20america, only the
first word is passed through. So in this example the result would be
equivalent to mysearch?keyword=north.

If I just do a straight redirect it work perfectly, like so:

<map:redirect-to
uri="http://www.searchserver.com/search.php?keyword={raw-request-param:keyword}"/>

but I don't want to direct users to a different host.

Any ideas are appreciated.