cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gabriele Columbro" <colum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java class: compile and load dynamically
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 10:29:01 GMT
On 11/23/06, Alfred Nathaniel <anathaniel@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 17:02 +0100, Gabriele Columbro wrote:
>
> > Completely agree with you, and that's why this feature has been added
> > to the 2.2 trunk (actually I'm planning to start from Maurizio's work
> > to complete the full reloading from sources, not only from classes,
> > and to reach a zeroconf default), for components as well as for
> > Javaflow (not for XSP as they have been deprecated).
>
> > But maybe someone more informed on this feature on 2.1 may comment on
> > this issue. Any clue guys?
>
> If you attach Eclipse to a Cocoon instance then it will try to compile
> any source changes and replace the bytecode within the running JVM.
> That works though only for minor edits which do not change method
> signatures.

Yes, but sometimes remote debug has been the most misleading feature ever...
can you imagine, while testing/configuring the reloading feature on the 2.2,
how many times did we got tricked by the fact that Eclipse and not our
ReloadingClassloader was reloading classes?

;-)

HTH, Alfred.

Eng. Gabriele Columbro
Consultant at Sourcesense Italy